DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Feet Heat!

14K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  starquestbd22 
#1 ·
Fellas, I get very little heat down by my feet. Blend works great on all other settings. Feet heat seems to go toward defrost vents.
I hate cold feet!
Any guess on what may be involved here. Please don't tell me to tear the whole dash out, heh!

To clarify, blower works great. very little air velocity on the feet detting

#2 ·
Has to be a blend door issue. Not sure if that's an easy fix or if you have to tear out the entire dash.

#3 ·
I have the same issue with my truck. Unfortunatly yes the dash has to come out to repair. It is an expensive and extensive fix. Dealer wants 1000 bucks others about 800. I found that if you poke around inside the duct work ( be gentle) the blend door can be opened to allow airflow. I got brave and found a piece of lathe about 14 inches long and put it in the duct to hold the door open onthe drivers side. Im hoping for a recall as this seems to be a common problem.

#4 ·
#5 ·
yea, check out the heatertreater and the videos on youtube.

i bet that its not the blend door because that controls how much hot or cold air comes out of the vents, so if you can still control that then its probably not the blend, which is good news.

there is some video on youtube which can help you locate the floor vent doors so you may want to search for that.

hope you can get this fixed.

#7 ·
Sounds like mode door 2 failure to me. Yes, the blend door controls the hot/cold air temperature mix so it's not that. Mode door 1 routes air away from the main front vents to the second part of the system. Mode door 2 then routes the air to either the defrost or the floor. Mode door 2 failure always results in air to the floor being blocked. The good thing about that is you still have defrost (gotta see!). The bad thing is, yes, a large portion of the dash has to come out to fix it. Unfortunately, mode door 2 is the only door that heatertreater does not have a simple fix for. Best I recall they do have a fix for it that is simpler than the dealer but still nowhere near as simple as the other doors. From the heatertreater site...."Most people choose to wear two pairs of socks rather than fix mode door 2".

#8 ·
I was just about to post the exact same problem. It just started a few days ago. Plenty of hot air through the other vents, but it won't blow through the feet vents. My wife loves it because she loves heat blowing on her face, but I hate it. Really sucks, my truck only has 60k miles on it. I'd hate to have to remove the dash to get this fixed.

If this is happening to a lot of Ram customers, and from what I have researched it does, then a recall should happen. Don't hold your breath on it though.

#9 ·
As I said above, classic symptom of mode door 2 failure. And yes, Dodge should have performed a recall but no, they aren't going to, lol. This is at least a six year old problem and if they haven't yet, they aren't going to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.