Jeep Dodge Nitro Dodge Challenger Dodge Charger Chrysler 300 Dodge Caliber Dodge Avenger
Jeep Forum Dodge Nitro Forum Dodge Challenger Forum
Dodge Charger Forum Chrysler 300 Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Avenger Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM
DODGE RAM PICTURES

View Full Version : Digital Outside temp guage question?

rivetgun55
01-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi, I have an 02 Dodge ram 1500. In my overhead guages is an outside temp guage. Does anyone know how low of a temp will this guage go? Thanks

DesertDog
01-01-2009, 10:09 AM
welcome to the forum there rivetgun

go introduce yur self in the new-b section

why would you want to kno how low temp will ??

if you have a girl friend put her on it i hear women are pretty cold :4-looney:

that might not be a good idea ... :Wow1: forget i said that

rivetgun55
01-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Thats a good one there desert dog! Actually I live in North Pole Alaska. by all accounts its been around -48 F here the last couple of days but my guage only says -40. I was just questioning if it was just off that far or was it at its limit? Thanks

DesertDog
01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
depending where the temp prob is at on the vehicle will determin how accurate the gage will be ..

meaning if the brob is on the front grill / bumper area you will pick up some engine heat depending on wind direction and so forth..

the mirror mounted ones are best at least while moving

erm
01-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Way to help out, DD! And that was a good question. Maybe it does only go to -40!

Florida Roadie
01-01-2009, 04:56 PM
40- or 48- degrees And your worried about accuracy ? Your kiddin right ? Man any time it's below 48+ degrees it's time for long Johns . Seriously ,if you can get that truck to still turn over and start ? Head south Bro before you freeze y'alls thingy off.

BlueJet
01-01-2009, 05:00 PM

Oh no you didn't! :Wow1: That was just wrong.....just wrong!! :shakehead:
You asking to rumble there dear?? LOL

RLRambler
01-01-2009, 05:40 PM

Especially at the North Pole!:doh:

DesertDog
01-01-2009, 05:44 PM
40- or 48- degrees And your worried about accuracy ? Your kiddin right ? Man any time it's below 48+ degrees it's time for long Johns . Seriously ,if you can get that truck to still turn over and start ? Head south Bro before you feeze y'alls thingy off.

48+ and yor wantin to put longies on .... :thk: sounds like yuh need tuh live back in the cold regions again. :gy:

wow where have all the men gone before.....?

DesertDog
01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Especially at the North Pole!:doh:

hey i hear some like it that way.....lol

DesertDog
01-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Oh no you didn't! :Wow1: That was just wrong.....just wrong!! :shakehead:
You asking to rumble there dear?? LOL

:box2: :box2: :box2: :box: :box: im just warmin up wait till i loos afew more pounds then i'll want to rumble :box2:

BlueJet
01-01-2009, 06:09 PM
:box2: :box2: :box2: :box: :box: im just warmin up wait till i loos afew more pounds then i'll want to rumble :box2:

Now you sound like me!!! :i_rolleyes:

Florida Roadie
01-01-2009, 06:53 PM

Hey Desert Dog .I think it's time to let Y'all benifit from my many years experience dealing with Women .Whatever you give a Woman she'll make it greater. Give Her your sperm and she'll give you a baby...Give her a house and she'll give you a home...Give her groceries and she'll give you a meal...Give her a smile and she'll give you her heart ...Whatever you give her she'll make it greater or enlarge it. Give her any crap and she'll give you a ton of Sh*T ...
Roadie has spoken .

DesertDog
01-01-2009, 07:45 PM
alright roadie... very good synopsis....uhhh i think ..

been there done that she just never gave me her heart.....
i gave gave and gave . and got burned in the end ..... :gy: the end get it :hah: so i say on with the program

DesertDog
01-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Now you sound like me!!! :i_rolleyes:

no i dont i dont ware panties..................:gy:

BlueJet
01-02-2009, 04:05 AM
no i dont i dont ware panties..................:gy:

How do you know that I do??? :SHOCKED:

RLRambler
01-02-2009, 07:31 AM

Not touching that with a bargepole! :SHOCKED:

DaveDees
01-02-2009, 12:33 PM
A good way to see if the gauge is within tolerance, take some crushed ice and place the probe in it. Leave it for a few minutes and it should read 32 degs +/- 2% of face value. Ask me how I know...LOL

BlueJet
01-02-2009, 02:55 PM
A good way to see if the gauge is within tolerance, take some crushed ice and place the probe in it. Leave it for a few minutes and it should read 32 degs +/- 2% of face value. Ask me how I know...LOL

Raising hand......pick me! Pick me!! How do you know?? :Hey:

DesertDog
01-02-2009, 04:25 PM

now if that aint kinky what is

DesertDog
01-02-2009, 04:26 PM

oh so yur sayin you dont ware the pants around the house

DesertDog
01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Not touching that with a bargepole! :SHOCKED:

or a barpole..................:SHOCKED:

DaveDees
01-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Raising hand......pick me! Pick me!! How do you know?? :Hey:

Ok, Stacy, I'll answer that one politely considering the gist of this thread.
I'm a Calibration Tech for Uncle Sam. Have been for the past 15 years. That's how we calibrate thermometers, in a nutshell.

now if that aint kinky what is

Well, someone here was referring to an Alaskan Pole or something to that affect. Be forewarned that sticking your probe in crushed ice will not give you the desire affect. As a matter of fact, it just might make it disappear, if you had one at all. LOL

BlueJet
01-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Oh SNAP!!!! Good one baby!!! ;)

DesertDog
01-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh SNAP!!!! Good one baby!!! ;)

oh sure take his side.........................:doh:

BlueJet
01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
oh sure take his side.........................:doh:

I think I will!! ;) Proudly I might add!!!

DesertDog
01-02-2009, 05:48 PM
I think I will!! ;) Proudly I might add!!!

oh thats ok ms self pride...........................................he hehehe

rivetgun55
01-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Actually I think it is most likely being pretty accurate. There are several places around town like banks and stores that have have big signes that show the time and temp. At temps of -20s and -30s its within + or - a degree or two of the signes. However after -40 its stops. That is why I think that it might be at its manufactured limit. I have to say that I had no idea I would get this much feedback> Quite the lively crowd lol. Thanks!

BlueJet
01-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Actually I think it is most likely being pretty accurate. There are several places around town like banks and stores that have have big signes that show the time and temp. At temps of -20s and -30s its within + or - a degree or two of the signes. However after -40 its stops. That is why I think that it might be at its manufactured limit. I have to say that I had no idea I would get this much feedback> Quite the lively crowd lol. Thanks!

Sorry....we tend to jabber alot here! We will try to cut back on the hijacking, promise!! Welcome to the family! Now get out here and jabber with us!!! :)

rivetgun55
01-03-2009, 04:47 AM
I wish I knew enough to contribute, However I might be able to jabber as well as anyone!

RLRambler
01-03-2009, 05:26 AM

I am not ignoring this thread..........................I am just waiting until we get below minus 40(should happen sometime in the next two months) to see if mine max's out as well!

RLRambler
01-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Thinking logically(which I have been known to do sometimes) seeing minus 40 is the same in F and C(absolute zero), it makes sense to have it set at that for the lower reading!

Pride0aries
01-16-2009, 09:18 AM
-7 deg F this am which agreed with my outdoor electronic gauge reading in the house (runs a wire outside where it is always in shade). Dunno about -40 deg F and don't want to see it! I find it is pretty much spot on most of the time comparing it to other good quality electronic thermometers.

Pride0aries
01-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Thinking logically(which I have been known to do sometimes) seeing minus 40 is the same in F and C(absolute zero), it makes sense to have it set at that for the lower reading!

Whoa...that's so...Mathematical. At 5:37 AM. Cool. Literally AND figuratively.

OK, brain's used up, time to go to work. :sad:

*B.S. Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Connecticut 1990:thk:

boostjunkie1
01-16-2009, 08:11 PM
It is 12 degs here in NC and it is freaking colllllldddddddd:SHOCKED:.... You guys need to move South for the winter.......:doh:

DaveDees
01-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Moving south isn't going to help, it's almost as cold down here. The one good thing about the south is that if you don't like the weather, wait a half hour, it'll change. Today, it's 21 degF with a wind chill of 10, tomorrow it's supposed to be 46 degF, go figure.