DODGE RAM FORUM banner

OH GOD, why did you take my A/C?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pwrwgnman 
#1 ·
Ok, let me start out by saying that I'm down here in Ft Gordon GA on TDY (temp duty), and its FRICKIN HOT! Being from Northen NY, this heat is killing me. Yesterday I jumped in my black 06 ram after COB formation around 1600, and being that it was Baghdad hot in the truck, I spun the blower fan up to max for some relief, as the motor spun up, I heard a WHACK, and suddenly the air flow dropped to about 1/3 of normal. The fan motor is now making a tremendous growling noise, and is vibrating the dashboard right down to the gas pedel. It still blows cold, but the air flow is weak, and the dash feels like it is shaking its self apart. All the controls seem to be working fine (panel/defrost/floor, along with hot/cold), is it possible that I threw a fan blade on the blower fan? Has anyone had something like this happen? Has anyone pulled out the blower motor? It looks like its right under the dash on the passenger side. Does anyone have any input before I start pulling things apart? Are there any special tools needed? I only have have my travel tool kit with me, it pretty complete, but its not my garage. Thanks for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.