DODGE RAM FORUM banner

A/c problems on 2007 ram 2500 slt

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RAMjet 
#1 · (Edited)
Boy, I wish somebody from the forum could help me out with this issue...

While trying to get rid of an slugging noise comming from the accumulator and noticing that cooling capabilities had decreased significantly, I opted to have the system recharged. This solved the issue for a couple of months...

But again the thunk reappeared and A/C system lost all cooling...

Last week I took my truck to an A/C reapir shop and found a refrigerant leak coming from the evaporator area, so the mechanic told me in order to get the A/C fixed requires the evaporator to be replaced along with the accumulator... come on... mi truck barely has 44K miles... how would and evaporator get damaged so soon? It's there a way that a faulty fitting at the evaporator could be causing this leak?

Please I need ideas... :confused:

Cheers!

#2 ·
Accumlator, evap core and orifice tube are the cheapest things to change, if it leaking there might as well change it. As for faulty fittings at the evap, I doubt it, I dont really think there are any. Like you said, after a recharge it fixed it temporarily, so you know for sure you have a leak, and if its coming from around the evap, might as well change it, just my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.