DODGE RAM FORUM banner

ac dissassemble problem

16K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Toms Blue Ram 1500 
#1 ·
can anyone help with this stupid issue? im trying to pull the ductwork out of my 2008 ram 1500 and i need to pull the ac hoses apart to take the box apart under the dash. how do those joints work on the ac system? do i need any special tool or what?

#2 ·
<A xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

1.Recover the refrigerant system (Refer to 24 - Heating and Air Conditioning/Plumbing - Standard Procedure) .2.Remove the secondary retaining clip from the spring-lock type refrigerant line coupler.3.Fit the proper size A/C Line Disconnect Tool 7193 or equivalent over the coupler cage (1).4.Close the two halves of the A/C Line Disconnect Tool 7193 or equivalent around the coupler (2).

NOTE: The garter spring may not release if the A/C Line Disconnect Tool 7193 is not squarely inserted into the coupler cage opening. 5.Push the A/C Line Disconnect Tool 7193 or equivalent into the open side of the coupler cage to expand the garter spring (3). Once the garter spring is expanded, pull on the refrigerant line attached to the female half of the coupler until the flange on the female fitting is separated from the garter spring and cage on the male fitting.6.Open and remove the A/C Line Disconnect Tool 7193 or equivalent from the refrigerant line coupler (4).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.