DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Can't put heat to floor

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dblwringer 
#1 ·
Was heading to work the other day with the defroster on when I smelled what smelled like an electrical burning smell. Now I can switch from defrost to dash but not heat or any blower to the floor. A/C works fine and defroster but no blower to floor. Any thoughts?

#2 · (Edited)
My 06 did the exact same thing. The heater door opening up to the floor was broke. I hope in your case thats not the problem, mine carried a 2400 dollar fix. Had to remove the dash all the way to the firewall and replace the broken door. Dodge knows they have a problem, because they offer a repair kit ready to go. Mine went out at 65000 miles and just went out again last week at 120,000 miles. This time I'm buying a big blanket for my feet, cheaper than a fix. You could be the lucky one and it might be the motor that opens the door, your local good mechanic can check this with a guage to see if the motor is operating properly. If not, I'm afraid yours is like mine. Mine was acting just like yours, all the heat above nothing below, Good Luck.

#4 ·
yea the blower door is one of the most common problems with dodge. the reason it is so expensive to replace is it requires taking the whole dash apart to put in..at least on my model it does.. as a double check, check all of the vacuum lines inside the engine bay and make sure they are still in tact. there should be a diagram on the front cross rail at the front of the engine bay. if the vacuum lines for the blower broke, it does the same thing (i accidentally broke mine taking the throttle body off and am having the same problem and just havn't had the time to fix it)

#5 ·
My 'o6 1500 has the same problem except no smell.I noticed it recently when it started to get really cold out.I might have had this issue last season too but didn't notice it.I'm at 35,000 miles now with a 7yr/70,000 mile extended warranty with a $100.00 deductable.I took it to a Dodge dealer and they said this might not be covered and they need to do a diagnostic check to find out the problem.Well after they did the diagnostics they still do not know what the problem is and they said they will have to pull the dash and will be about a 4 hour job.If they find a problem not covered under the extended warranty I'll be responible for the labor to take off the dash even if I don't have the repair done.My beef with Dodge is they said if I brought it in by Sept. 30,2009(my original 3yr/36,000 mile warranty)this problem would be covered no matter what it is.I'm in the process of working with Dodge customer care but it's frustrating not being able to get in touch with the agent assigned to the case.Their phone system is screwed up.Will keep eveyone posted on the results.(I have a pretty good idea that it's the mode door 2 at issue here)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.