View Full Version : No bus

zzz
02-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I have a 2000 dodge 2500 ram 5.9l v8 and last thursday the trucks gauges went out, would not start, and odom flashed then read no bus. All the fuses were good fuel pump not turning on. Engine cranks just wont fire. Read all over and heard from crank sensor to bad conections. Had all checked so today I will order a new pcm. Is this my problem???? Cant pull codes no bus:4-dontknow::4-dontknow:

CHILLZ HEMI
02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
http://images.madrabbitt.com/nobus.jpg

RamTech
02-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Have it scanned with a scan tool before you go spending money on a PCM. You could have an ASD relay or related wiring problem.

zzz
02-16-2010, 10:54 AM
No scan tool would work, dealer said to bring it in. But the towing fees would be an arm leg and its miles from the dealer. There was power to the ads. My truck went down on me about 75 miles from home. And talk about luck I took my wife honda up there saturday and it quit on me. And then yesterday uncle was taken me up there and it to went down! Fixed both costen me $ to get three rides goen. Should have got it towed but the dealer labor fees ouch. But my trucks my baby i need her! thanks Remerson228 all check more in the ads

iRESQu
02-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I got a "no bus" code once too and although I don't know what it means, it was while I was putting a....er.....um.........mod on my truck. We'll leave it at that! ;)

zzz
02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Yea every time I upgrade my truck she fights me, she dont like change, shes hard. But dont know what to about no bus on the odom.

iRESQu
02-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Randy, what is a "no bus" code exactly? If you don't mind me asking. Should we be concerned when we get those?

rustyolred
02-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Do some reading here. It should help.
http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-12673.html

zzz
02-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Solved my no bus problem, the ecm was fired put the new on and she fired up. The old cover to the ecm was all dirty. I unscrewed the old one, had a jelly covering the electronics guess to keep it cool. On the top the jelly was cracked. And the inside looked like the out. Also I could see were water ran down on the inside cause some parts was clean. Good to be back on the road. Next I'm going to get a spal fan kit put in.

zzz
02-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Also forgot to thank Remerson228 and Rustyolred for the info we checked and double checked all the info that you two posted. That left only the ecm. Thank you this a good Ram site!!!!!!!!!!!!

stogieiv
03-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Hello
I'm new here and I also have a problem with a NO BUS bus signal coming up my odometer which of course happens when the Dodge 2002 3500 Van won't start.
This is my only vehicle and I use it for work amongst other things.
I have noticed if the battery completely drains and I then charge it, it will start. If I turn it off it won't start again or if it does it won't idle. And then eventually it won't start.
And this doesn't seem to happen if I just diconnect the battery, at least if I disconnect it for a couple of hours, maybe longer would do the same as a drained battery.
Any suggestions as to what is causing this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ted
aka stogieiv

Well it appears that after running for awhile it quits and then won't start again.

deepdiver70
05-05-2015, 06:39 PM
ive had the no bus code show up as well . but after i messed with the nuetral switch . ive checked everything and still no fix.

Advertisement