Jeep Dodge Nitro Dodge Challenger Dodge Charger Chrysler 300 Dodge Caliber Dodge Avenger
Jeep Forum Dodge Nitro Forum Dodge Challenger Forum
Dodge Charger Forum Chrysler 300 Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Avenger Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM
DODGE RAM PICTURES

View Full Version : Stereo freezing up

2010 Hemi
03-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with the touch screen stereo freezing up?
Sometimes I lose all the sound and sometimes it will not let me change the channels, even when I use the voice command. This happens to me 2 or 3 times a week. The only thing I've found to fix it is to turn off the truck for a few min. then turn it back on.

ScatPak07
03-15-2010, 08:48 PM
I would maybe go get it looked at. I was at the shop I get my audio done and some guy was having that problem. The guy was having a hard time fixing it though

Cormacs
03-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I know they had issues with the splash start-up screen freezing and it was remedied with an update done by the dealer. Maybe your radio requires an update.

09 TRX AGGIE
03-16-2010, 08:37 AM
i have never had mine freeze up or stop playing like you mention, but there are a lot of occasions where the face does not want to flip open to change cd/dvd. it gets frustrating to push the button atleast 5 times before it decides to work.

SubMafia
03-16-2010, 06:19 PM
This happened in my Chrysler 300C several times. The only remedy was turning the car off for several minutes. Was quite annoying. Didn't drive the car enough to really worry about dropping it off at the shop and risk them hurting my "baby" chasing an intermittent issue. I keep a camera in my truck with video capabilities of all time. If I'm ever chasing an intermittent issue like that, I record it to show to the dealer.