DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2004 Dodge 2500 intermittent defrost issue

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bigredram 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500. I have a defrost issue..90% of the time when the dial is set on defrost it blows out the dash vents. , if you mess with it enough it will eventuallly start blowing from the defrost vents. If you leave the knob on defrost it will blow properly for serveral days, then you start the truck it blows out the dash vents again while still on defrost. I have read posts about a broken door but if that was my case I would think it would never change to the defrost vents...any ideas?

#3 ·
i'm having the same issues, but in my case i dont think its the door itself, i think its the foam rubber seal the foam has come off but the sticky backing is still there, causing the door to stick. i havent taken anything apart to look at it but pieces of foam rubber keep coming out of my vents, which lead me to this "wild a** semieducated conclusion" good luck and "pass a great day"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.