DODGE RAM FORUM banner

what the......

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  triniguy26 
#1 ·
when you turn on your ac does it make a thud sound this happens almost every time i turn it on in my 08 1500 also the window makes a tick tick tick noise when going up or down just the passenger side front :4-dontknow:

#2 ·
I dont know buddy. I never heard this sound before in my truck

#4 ·
it started happening once dodge took it apart to fix it

#6 ·
i am gonna go up there tomorrow but its a very long drive for the response that will probably we didnt do it but the problem is gonna cost you about blank amount of $$$ :LOL:

#10 ·
well the ac all but died today so i am bringing it in it started to just let out loud bangs over and over so i am not useing it in this georgia sun

#12 ·
ya this is like the tenth thing i have to go in for service for and i dont beat on trucks i think the dealership broke this because they insisted on inspecting it last time and they took it apart ever since they put it back together it has been having problems so i think something when back wrong or something

#13 ·
:LOL: first words out of the guys mouth was that they didnt do it they said we only sprayed the stuff when i asked then why did i pay for the inspection they said oh ok we will look at it :LOL:

#14 ·
that loud ac noise is coming from the compressor.its trying to run with a high backpressure.its either the condenser is really hot(fan not working properly)or the expansion valve in the evaporator behind the dash has a resriction,also happens when to much freon is put in the system.both are bad and could damage the ac compressor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.