DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ok... Help Please?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wermbang 
#1 ·
Hey yall. My ac blows hard and gets cool, but not cold... It dosent get as cold as its supose to. Or as cold as i think it should. So I bought some freon (134a) to go in it and to my suprise, the freon hose wont fit... am i doing something wrong somewhere? Has anyone else had an issue with this? All input would be appreciated. Thanks!

#3 ·
The 134a goes in the low side which is the fitting on the larger diameter line between the firewall and compressor. With an ambient temp of 70F, the A/C on max recirc, and the windows and doors closed, the center panel outlet temp should be no more than 40F.

#7 ·
I had been trying to do my van with at home stuff, it would cool for a couple days, then back to hot. Went to a place and had a leak test done, said something in the front and in the rear, since I have rear air. Well took it to a friends shop, and they said that it just needed refilled. Grr at people trying to rip me off. I got that done and some other work and was still a 3rd of the other price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.