DODGE RAM FORUM banner

a/c condensor fan is kaput!

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  markdido 
#1 ·
I have heard that there is a way to replace the a/c condensor fan assembly without disconnecting the a/c line. It references a mod to the shroud. Any help or photos on what this mod is? I bought a new replacement shroud/fan assembly and plan on installing it this weekend.

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

#2 ·
Got the fan and shroud changed out with very little issues. You do have to cut away some material, but it is so obvious, there is really no need for pictures. When it is all said and done, the a/c is working great while moving and sitting still.

#3 ·
Lat,

If this catches your gander (working up to 25 messages so I can PM), I have a question.

What specifically were your A/C symptoms before you decided to do the fan/shroud?

I have warm air on idle, cold at normal operating RPMs on the road. Trying to get info from the forum archived messages about the problem. Filled coolant inthe radiator, made sure condensor fan came on. Still warm at idle.

#5 ·
Blue of Tom,

Yes. I reseated the relay for good measure. Googled the issue and read where the first step is to ensure the coolant is at proper levels and the cooling system is operating. When the cool air turns warm, I did try the thermostat knob and the heat came on.....its the cool side that isn't cool.

#8 ·
Checked it when I got off work (Metro to/from work most days). Condensor fan is not coming on. Googled some more. Will check the fuse then, if fuse is OK, will have to replace the assembly to get new motor in it.

If anyone has a good source for the assembly besides Natural High Google, let me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.