DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ac Clutch???

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  hemiv8dodgeram1500 
#1 ·
Hey, question, im stumped. I had a Water pump problem on my truck, it blew and sent anti-freeze all over my engine bay. That sent me a volt dummy light and stuff but im not sure if that was cause of the anti-freeze, the belt problems(a bit later it flew off) or something else. Right after i fixed that my Ac Compressor when the clutch engages squeals like a pig. when i hit the gas it gets louder, when i turn it squeals but eventually it will stop. but when i stop it will start again. I pulled the Compressor off, got a junk yard compressor and put it on. Got the system evac. and charged. It still freakin does it. When its squealing the belt is slipping past the pulley or the pulley is not spinning fast enough. im 225 bucks into this ac problem and im right where i started. i checked the ac clutch relay tonight and its getting 13 volts at the fuse/relay box.

Any ideas??? i cant freakin take it. i have 26k miles on my 05 now and its really pissin me off.

#2 ·
one quick thing. my tensioner has sparked my intrest alot over this. between the ac comp. and alternator i can push down on the belt and actually lift the tensioner a bit as well as sorta feel it kinda slip. that should not happen, i really dont think i should be able to move it so freely... sound right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.