DODGE RAM FORUM banner

AC Problem!!

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Wrkinprogress 
#1 ·
Just got home a few hours ago from Myrtle Beach SC, damn 11 hour ride sucked! Few weeks back I noticed the AC wasn't working the greatest so I bought some freeon and filled it up, afterwards with the truck still idling and the AC on max it got cold and I considered it job done.

Now after driving to , around, and from South Carolina, it's only cold while idling and up to 1500rpms, anything above that just sucks. I'm running the 93 tune with the predator, not sure if the settings for the tune turn the AC off after certain rpms or whatnot. Any help suggestions are appreciated!!

#4 ·
I would suggest taking it somewhere and let them fix it. I know a lot of people who attempt to fix a compressor or a leak and end up breaking something in the process(bolts, hoses, clamps, etc). However, if you are mechanically inclined and careful, you should be ok.

#5 ·
I seriously doubt you'll find any clamps in the the a/c system. Advising someone that they will be fine working on an a/c system so long is they are mechanically inclined is just plain stupid. Have you ever seen someone accidentally vent R134a into their face?

#9 ·
This was in a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix, not a Ram. He "swirved" to miss a drunk driver..I think he fell asleep and hit the guard rail. So he needed new driver side body work, radiator and he jarred a lot of stuff loose.Actually, what would be something that would bounce around and rattle when you turned on the compressor? If you ran the air without the comp. on it would be fine. Whenever we turned the defroster or AC on it would start shaking and it looked like it was working itself loose. This was the thing under the dash, maybe I thought it was a compressor and I'm wrong.

#15 ·
The only gauge I hooked up to it was the one on the hose that came with the 134. On the bottle it said if ambient temp was 90degrees the psi should be around 55psi, so I filled it to 55, which was still in the yellow, which according to the bottle said yellow was good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.