DODGE RAM FORUM banner

MC AC Fix Idea

803 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Lew673 
#1 ·
I have been reading new and searched threads on the MC AC problems. In 1976 I bought a new Poweragon and it too had AC and blend door problems. It seems Dodge has not advaced much over the years. I just bought a 2006 3500 MC 5.9 with 17000 miles. My AC gets cold and all the doors work properly. The problem is air flow volume. With a wind meter it blows out the center left at approx 8-9 mph. On a quad cab about 11-14 mph. So you guys who have taken down the dash and removed the screens... how about installing a second helper fan? Like the fans they put on aux trans coolers? Is there room? Or is there a better location without taking down the dash. How about a faster ruuning fan motor in the stock position?
Somebody else brought up placing a shutoff valve on the heater core hose. Well how about an electric one controled from inside, maybe with an indicator showing how opened or closed it is?? Like to hear your thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.