DODGE RAM FORUM banner

intermittent ac issue

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  RamTech 
#1 ·
ok, i'll try my best to describe what's happening intermittently. start the truck, turn the ac on - air starts to cool a little. the air will turn warm and there is a low hissing/vacuum sound from the passenger side of the dash for a few seconds. as soon as that sound stops the ac gets cold like it should. it's done it 3 or 4 times in the past two weeks, the exact same way (only when the truck is started)

#2 ·
I forget, what's the warranty like that Dodge offers? Is yours still under warranty?

I'm not to particular in AC or heating systems so I can't give a solid answer other than what I stated above.

#7 ·
freon was a little low - i had a feeling i would have problems, when i was at the shop getting it done - the machine ran out of freon halfway through and they had to hook up another tank. it nagged at me enough that im not surprised the truck was low.

luckily my neighbor is a ac guy for semis and refrigerated trailers, he did his ac thing a jug of 134 and the truck is like a meat locker inside once again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.