DODGE RAM FORUM banner

AC Blower issue.

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  wissuffa 
#1 ·
Oh, by the way, hello everyone. Back to the problem. I think I already know the answer to this but here goes. I have an 04 dodge ram 1500 4X4. Two days ago the AC worked fine. Then after work, I got in, turned the AC on and it was barely putting out. I can hear the fan motor running fine. The hi, med, low works fine. The selector works fine. I think something came unhooked, like the main flow tube and its blowing the cold air in the dash. Question, anyone think I have a different problem? How hard is this going to be to fix?

#2 ·
***UPDATE***

OK, I have tore into the dash with amazing speed. The weird thing is I can see the top of the hvac unit and look all the way to the firewall and can see the freshair grill. I can stick my hand in there and it feels like the air is blowing out the vents and also where the fresh air comes in. I am not sure if there is some kind of flap that is not closing??? Help please.

#4 ·
Threetime,

I had the exact same problem up until yesterday. I got a new recirc housing, 75.00, from the local Dodge dealer, and proceeded to remove the dash. Now I have a 2003 1500 Quad cab and Randy was kind enough to have posted the instructions on how to remove the dash, but I didn't remove dash completely. I just took enough off, which would have allowed me to remove the dash because all the bolts holding it to the vehicle were removed, to pull the rights side of the dash back enough to get the old housing out and the new one in. Look here on the form for recirc door posts and you should be able to find Randy's earlier post with detailed intructions.
Good Luck.

KC Chally Snob
AKA Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.