DODGE RAM FORUM banner

air conditioning problems

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rsg1963 
G
#1 ·
My 2006 ram broke it.s recirculating door and was repaired under warrenty. However the temp on the drivers side registers are at least 20 degrees colder than the passenger side(almost like recirculating on the left but not on the left). Any ideas guys. Thanks ahead of time.

#10 ·
Same issue, maybe same reason?

Problem for me was not doors or anything in the dash. Get this; I went to get my compressor replaced this summer and when they replaced it and filled it back up with freon, it only blew cold out the drivers side two vents, and the passengers side was warmer. So they told me to go to Dodge and get a code cleared. Well, I did go to Dodge. They promptly took my $158 and said "your accumulator is leaking, fix that and we can move forward, but that will probably fix your problem" I was not convinced as this made ZERO sence to me. Anyway, I went back to the original shop and they fixed the accumulator. IT FRIGGIN WORKED! No problen since they did that and it's been 3 months. So...make sure your parts aren't-a-leaking and the system is fully charged before you tear into that complicated dash with multiple doors and such. (BTW, the original mechanic refunded my money I spent at Dodge) Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.