DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2004 Dodge Ram Heating Problem

13K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  cwiss21 
#1 ·
Hi, I have an 04 ram with little to no heat. (This Ram has the individual heat controls for driver/passenger)
-Ac works great.
- the interior heat gauge shows the needle just before the halfway mark between cold/hot
-the two hoses going into the heater core are both hot to the touch
-Fan works no problem...as well the air blows string to all areas you select on the fan control.
-I changed the thermostat...no luck
-I flushed the rad and replaced with new factory spec fluids...no luck!

-Temperature control unit seems to work turning on/off the AC, adjusting fan speeds, location of air flow,rear defrost....however the little indicator lights above the AC/RD and air ciculation do not switch on.

Any Ideas?

Cheers Shane

#2 ·
:smiledown:Sorry Shane cant help. Iam replying to get this up front for you. Best of luck.

#8 ·
My guess would be heater core. I replace my heater core in my 2003 today and it was so plugged up! I tried flushing it before to see if it would take care of it but it was just full of rust and crud. Replacing isn't a fun job but if you can do it yourself you can save a lot of money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.