DODGE RAM FORUM banner

A/C Condensor fan or low freon?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  latitud 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, I notice my a/c condensor fan won't turn at times but I also noticed that the compressor cycles more than usual.
Question is, Is the fan not turning on due to low freon or is the compressor cycling more due to the fan not working properly?

New to this issue. Though I have seen posts about the fan. I thought I would try this question.

TIA
dksram

#2 · (Edited)
the fan needs to and should be on at all times if the a/c is on. if the fan is not spinning the truck will not cool off at all, the compressor will kick in and out rapidly and you will hear this almost whistling sound from the passenger side. o'reilly has them for 30 and the dealer is somewhere in the $125 range. i had an oreilly one go bad the next day and went oe mopar.

also, in the manual, they specify you have to remove an a/c line, drain and recharge the system. if you get creative with a pair of dikes on the shroud you can remove everything without having to drain and recharge.

#4 ·
DKSRAM, the clutch is pulling in and out because the high pressure at condensor, if you cant remove heat, then it just keeps getting hotter untill it starts to kick out on high pressure. If you drive down the road at 70 mph it forces air across coil and allows it to finally cool down and seems like ething is normal. untill you get in town and catch stop lights, then the air coming out of the vents start to be come warmer and warmer like you have the heat on, and when you get to end of that town you let that Hemi rip and quickly get back to 70 mph and you begin to coold down again. thank goodness it fall here. i cant wait to get this fixed. i am going for the fan because ive read of so many post where people have bad fan, i really dont think i have elect issues. i have checked fuses but havent checked for voltage at plug. ill doo that one for i pull it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.