DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Comes on with the Tilt Wheel??

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gtogtx 
#1 ·
In our 04 Ram Hemi the A/C sometimes will not come on at all. But if you leave it selected on and raise and lower the tilt wheel, it comes on and works properly. Anybody else had this problem??

#2 ·
Last night my wife came in and said the A/C wasn't working at all anymore. So like any other husband that doesn't want to spend time in the dog house, I immediately went out and took a look at it. The problem is in the big wiring harness going up to the steering column. There is a big connector at the base. Moving this connector makes it cycle off and on. I pulled the connector apart and found it burnt at the end where two big wires, one red one blue, come in. Going to check with dodge today to see if I can get this connector or if I have to get the whole harness. Hope I can just get the connector.

#3 ·
At least you seem to have located the source of the problem, that's half the battle, lol, but hopefully you can get just the connector. Good luck and be sure to keep us posted! :)

- Cajun

#5 · (Edited)
Talked with dealer parts dept this morning. That connector comes as a kit, from his description it is supposed to be spliced in. They have them in stock. About $63 and momma should be happy again. :)
Now I can get back to my pending LS2 rebuild in my GTO, spun a bearing. Putting in new crank, bearings, etc. Starting that little project next Tuesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.