DODGE RAM FORUM banner

AC only works on high mode.

36K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Bhmendenhall 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I have an issue with my AC, It only seems to run when my selector switch is turned to high. It will not work on low or medium. All other functions work fine. Could it just be a bad selector switch? Or do I need to tear into the dash like i've been reading?

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Wow! Outstanding response guys! Where is the blower motor resister located, and is it a dealer item or could I find it at a autoparts store? Your help is very much appropriated! Yesterdays temp was 113º !!! in L.A Calif.

#5 ·
Yes, you can get them at most local parts stores but I would recommend one from the dealer because the quality is usually better. The resistor is located in the HVAC housing near the blower motor.

1 - SCREW (2) 2 - WIRE HARNESS CONNECTOR 3 - HVAC HOUSING 4 - BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR 5 - BLOWER MOTOR

#6 ·
RAM "Z" Making it happen

RAM TECH you the MAN. Ill jump on it asap before it starts warming up. Ill keep you posted on outcome. The diagram is going to help alot. Thanks again, you too MADDOG

#8 ·
Will do. Any idea why resistor might of gone out? ( just trying to anticipate further repairs )

#10 ·
Expected Delay

Randy, I printed out your diagram... its safely folded in my center console. I probably wont be able to get to it till next week cuz of the newbaby N all Thats also around th e time i'll b geting sum shut eye too:SHOCKED: I will definitely keep you update thanks again.

#12 ·
The diagram you provided is bieng reviewed tonite so that my buddy will swap that out too. Just wanted to update you cuz i did say ill keep you posted lol. Thanks again RAMTECH. fyi replacment part will run me $52.00 plus tax. Ill post tomorrow the results.

#13 ·
The diagram you provided is bieng reviewed tonite so that my buddy will swap that out too. Just wanted to update you cuz i did say ill keep you posted lol. Thanks again RAMTECH. fyi replacment part will run me $52.00 plus tax. Ill post tomorrow the results.

Hi Raming It,

Just wondering if you were able to replace the resistor? I believe I have the same problem - my blower only blows low (across all settings except high) and then the Highest. Just started doing this.

Thanks,

CanuckHRAM

#15 ·
Had the same issue on my 2002 Ram last year. Removed the 2 screws on the resistor and leaves fell out of the hole. One of the metal conductors came un-soldered from the resistor. Pulled the electrical plug, took the resistor in the house (to the dining room table), and re-soldered the strap. Figured I had nothing to loose so I gave it a shot. Took me longer to warm up the soldering iron than it did to make the repair. Cleaned out as many leaves and debris as I could and reinstalled the resistor. Worked like a champ. I know the part is probably living on borrowed time, but if it goes out again I know exactly where to look.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.