DODGE RAM FORUM banner

heating problem

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  RamTech 
#1 ·
my 03 isnt getting any heat. i searchd the forum and looks like a problem for a lot of people but i didnt really find an answer. everytime i turn my heat on it just blows cool air and when u first turn it on you can smell antifreeze. even when the truck is warmd up it still pushes cool air out. any help is greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Blend doors were borken on mine and I had to tear the dash out to replace all three doors...but I didn't ever smell antifreeze..so I am also leaning toward heater core..which requires the same tear down of the dash I believe. So if it is the core, check the doors while the unit is apart.

#7 ·
I recently had a similar issue. Trust me, it is not fun driving to work in 20 degree weather with NO heat. I pulled the glove box down and the door located at the back would not move. I pulled the heater motor out and reached up there to move it. It fell off in my hand. The good part is that I now have full on heat. I do not plan on replacing the door until if I see it affects my a/c come summer time. I know this is not a proper fix, BUT it is working for me.

#9 · (Edited)
My 2002 ram 4x4, 4.7 L has a weird problem, the passengers side heat outlets are really hot, upper and lower and the drivers side are way cooler ,feet get cold on drivers side only could this be a stuck door somewhere ? seems like cold air is mixing with the drivers side only ,anyone had this problem?also I noticed there are extra heater hose connection tubes on the firewall below the regular heater hose connections,they look open ,could cold air come in there maybe? Thanks

#10 ·
Heat doesn't go to floor or defroster, only vents...?

I have a 2004 Hemi 5.7 4x4 Ram.

Just recently we had quite a cold snap, much below zero. Now the heater will not go to the floor or the defroster, just blasts through the center vents.

Tough to drive because the windshield is frozen. On the floor it's cold toes. Then an overheated middle section. I live in Minnesota.

I've heard that Dodge knows of this problem (Blend Doors breaking or locking) but will not put out a recall for it. SHAME on you.

What should I do RAM PEOPLE?????????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.