DODGE RAM FORUM banner

no heat on my feet!

20K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  BLENDDOORUSA 
G
#1 ·
I want to know if there is a way to make the blower door open for the floor heater. It's been broke for about 3 yrs now but last yr, out of the blue, it opened and worked for about a week. I'm so mad because everyone i talk to says that i can get it fixed but it will only work for a few days or weeks and than break again. I don't want to put a lot of money into something that isn't going to stay fixed for at least a couple of yrs. My understanding about this problem is ...... this is way to common among dodge ram owners and dodge is not going to step up and fix it (recall). Please help. Also, I wanted to make a note about my engine. I wasn't given the option to put my correct engine on my registration. It reads on my window sticker (info on the vehicle when you buy it), Dodge Ram 1500 SLT QUAD CAB, ENG: Eng- Next Generation 4.7L Magnum V8, Transmission: 5 spd Automatic 5-45RFE.
I added that because i didn't know if it made a difference or not.

#2 ·
look under the drivers side at the heater box. You will see the opening for the floor vent..you can push a screwdriver up into this opening and push the door up..just do it a little because this will also control the defrost and you do not want to turn off defrost completely. It is designed so that if the actuator break or the door fails, that it will fall down so you have defrost. You may have to leave something jammed up in there to keep it from falling again.

As for long term repair..the new stops are heavier duty than the original oem and I hope last longer after the repair. Yes the repair is long and time consuming.

#7 ·
Heater Treater

I had a 2003 ram with the same heating problem...i bought my truck used and the re-circ door was removed. I have no doubt that in the past the door broke off and fell into the heater fan, would have made a horrible noise, I'm sure. Anyways, there was always a cold breeze coming into the truck with this door missing, so I did some research. I found a great company, www.heatertreater.net I bought the recirc door and put it in under 30 minutes...they sell metal doors and axels to replace the dodge plastic ones and have videos and instructions to help. No need to take the whole dash apart, just select trim pieces...Its worth checking out, you can watch the video on the website to see how hard it is :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.