DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Much cooler air on driver's side!

9K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Thetolleyman 
#1 ·
Since winter set in I notice the drivers side air not getting as warm as the passenger side air. I also had the common mode doors issue too. So, I purchased Mode 1,2, and blend doors and promptly installed all of them. It took care of the no floor air issue, but I still have much colder air in the drivers side?

Advice?

Could the recirc door do this?

How about the lower mode two door, seems to me there is a door below the heater core too?

PS: I flushed out the heater core real well too, didn't seem to be an issue really.

#3 ·
Its significantly different. I haven't measured but the passenger side gets hot enough you don't want if blowing on you, while the drivers is still too cool, you wouldn't want it blowing on you either, I'm going to guess a 50-60 degree difference.

#4 ·
Heater Treeter answered my inquiry into this, suggesting an "aggressive" flush of the core. I followed there advice, and now have good heat. I'd say the temperature difference is less than 10 degrees now.

#5 ·
I flushed my radiator and ran water both ways through the heater core and had good heat for 2 or 3 days......now my heater is blowing out luke warm air on both sides.....it was blowing cool air on drivers side and hot air on passenger side.....that's why I flushed everything and replaced the thermostat! Also, has anyone replaced the funky drain cock that is in these radiators! Mine is leaking a little, after doing the work on the truck. The low heat in the heating system is not from low coolant.

Help!

#6 ·
Would there be any issue with swapping the heater core hoses. This should reverse the flow thru the core. I'm thinking that if the core is prone to cooling from one side to the other as the air blows over it, thus causing one side of the heat to be cooler (driver's side), that by reversing the flow I might cause the passenger side to be the cooler one. I can tolerate that a little better since I mostly ride alone.

Any thoughts.

#7 ·
there is that recall on the HVAC in our trucks. could that be the remedy?

#10 ·
Well, I finally got around to swapping those hoses. Took all of 20 minutes. I believe its working just like I thought it would. I have nice toasty heat now on the driver's side and slightly cooler air on the passenger side. I'll post any negative effects I encounter here if they arise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.