DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Both Cooling and Heating

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  RamTech 
#1 ·
I have an 02 1500 4x4. The problem is that when I use the A/C the air does not get cold until I'm moving. Its the same with the heat. I have to be moving for anything to work right. There is plenty of air coming out, just not hot or cold till I'm moving.

#2 ·
Cold air only when moving...condensor fan is shot...causing freeze up when no air flow. Same thing happened to my 03. $74 for the complete shroud and fan from ebay. About 1 hour to replace, but you have to cut the shroud. Search the forums and you will find all the info you need.

Not sure about the heat part.

#9 ·
Heat only when moving is strange...very strange...let us know what you find. I wouldnt think a blend door problem since you are not changing the setting or position from stop to moving, unless the air blowing through when moving is actually moving the blend door.
I experienced the no cold air when stopped, but fine when moving. Check to see that your condensor fan is working when sitting still and the a/c is on. If the a/c continually turns on and off and on and off...and the fan is not moving..then that is ur problem for the cold air only working when moving. Good luck.

#10 ·
Wow do I fell dumb....... I checked the antifreeze level to find it was low. I took almost a gal of it. Well after I filled that, the heater now seems to be working great. Now just to figure out the A/C. But what I have noticed. Is the the condenser fan seems to be running all the time. Even when the A/C off. Now its been to cold to really sit there and trouble shoot but is that normal for the fan to be running like that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.