DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Heating & Cooling

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  grioux 
#1 ·
I had no heat on my 2003 Ram. Found the re-circ door to be broken. The dealer has the new & improved version which comes complete in a housing that has the door installed with a new motor which I purchased. I went to install & was able to disconnect all parts but was unable to slide old box out. Does anyone have a simple solution other than pulling the entire dash? If the dash has to be fully removed where can I find the removal procedure?

#2 ·
try removing the blower motor and replacing the door only till u can remove the dash correctly and replace the housing,if not that new door will eventually stress enough and break as well.

#3 ·
here u go.be gentle ;)

REMOVAL
WARNING: ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS, DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEERING WHEEL, STEERING COLUMN, SEAT BELT TENSIONER, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENT DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. DISCONNECT AND ISOLATE THE BATTERY NEGATIVE (GROUND) CABLE, THEN WAIT TWO MINUTES FOR THE AIRBAG SYSTEM CAPACITOR TO DISCHARGE BEFORE PERFORMING FURTHER DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. THIS IS THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM. FAILURE TO TAKE THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY.

Remove the left a-pillar trim. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/A-PILLAR TRIM/GRAB HANDLE - REMOVAL)
Remove the top cover. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/INSTRUMENT PANEL TOP COVER - REMOVAL)
Disconnect the headliner harness electrical connector at the a-pillar.
Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, from the notch on the bottom, remove the left side cover. (INSTRUMENT PANEL COVERS)
Remove the steering column. (Refer to 19 - STEERING/COLUMN - REMOVAL)
Remove the two bolts at the column support bracket. (COLUMN SUPPORT)
Remove the left cowl trim panel. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/COWL TRIM - REMOVAL)
Remove the instrument panel drivers side bezel. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/INSTRUMENT PANEL DRIVERS SIDE BEZEL - REMOVAL)
Remove the left side mounting bolts. (LEFT SIDE MOUNTING)
Disconnect the wire harness electrical connectors above the brake pedal. (WIRE HARNESS CONNECTORS)
Loosen the screws and remove the hood release handle from the bracket.
Disconnect the park brake release handle actuator rod.
Remove the air bag control module trim cover, if equipped. (INSTRUMENT PANEL COVERS)
Remove the floor console, if equipped. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/FLOOR CONSOLE - REMOVAL)
Remove the center bracket bolts. (CENTER MOUNTING BOLTS)
Disconnect the air bag control module electrical connector.
Remove the right cowl trim cover. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/COWL TRIM - REMOVAL)
Disconnect the two electrical connectors. (RIGHT WIRE HARNESS CONNECTIONS)
Disconnect the radio antenna. (ANTENNA CONNECTION)
Remove the one HVAC screw. (HVAC/INSTRUMENT PANEL MOUNTING)
Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, from the notch on the bottom, remove the right end cap. (PASSENGER SIDE MOUNTING)
Remove the right a-pillar trim. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/A-PILLAR TRIM/GRAB HANDLE - REMOVAL)
Remove the two right side mounting bolts on the a-pillar and one right mounting bolt on the cowl side panel. (PASSENGER SIDE MOUNTING)
Remove the four top instrument panel screws. (UPPER COWL PANEL BOLTS)
Remove the two top instrument panel bolts and remove the instrument panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.