DODGE RAM FORUM banner

a/c does'nt blow cold @ idle/not low on refridgerant

24K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  kmdracer 
#1 ·
my a/c on my 04 qcab hemi is not low on 134a . but blow s warmer air @ idle? and i was told low presure switch could be problem, but its in the compresor . and i will have to change the whole thing & not just the switch. anybody else have similar problem or know if this is the case?i would hate changing compresor & it was only a $10 switch. or somthing else

#4 ·
The same thing is happening with my truck. What my is doing is at idle you hear the compressor kick on and off every few seconds. I was thinking it could be that I was low on 134 but now reading this it's making me wonder. Another problem is that if I'm going slow like 5 mph it feels like the truck is hesitating and then it's fine like I said every few seconds. I'm guessing that problem is probably do to the compressor kicking on and of like that. If you find a solution let me know and I'll do the same. It's 92 here in jersey today and I hope it's a smooth quick ride home AC works beautifully at highway speeds

#5 ·
Well I did some probing yesterday and whip out my test light sure enough I'm getting power to my fan but it's not kicking on. Gonna order the piece today RamTech is the man. Keep you guys informed once install to see if it fully fixes the situation. Once again thanks RamTech.

#9 ·
I don't really see how it could be related, as the condenser fan is electrical, and your coolant fan is clutch driven. Perhaps your fan clutch is bad and not spinning you radiator fan properly so that your truck coolant heats up at idle?

Oh and to the OP, I had the identical problem a few years ago. It was definitely the condenser fan. It wasn't all that hard to replace as I recall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.