DODGE RAM FORUM banner

blend door woes

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  don482005 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 2007 Ram 1500 5.7L. My heat is coming out of the defrost vent. The selector will change it to mid level vents, but will not direct to floor vents. Any advice for a fix?:shy:

#3 ·
had the same problem on my 2002 1500 when to heater treater and got the mode 1 door when we tore the dash apart the door was fine.....that was 115 bucks didnt replace the door ordered a mode 1 door actuator....35 new from dodge replaced it still wouldnt change position maybe sometime it would but then it wouldnt so i ordered a new dash switch well used
one off ebay i hope this works.......

#4 ·
I realize this is an older thread but here's an answer for ya anyway.

Sounds like your problem is very likely mode door 2....not mode door 1. MD1 simply diverts air from the main front vents to the secondary part of the system. MD2 is the one that decides whether the air goes up to the defrost or down to your cold toes. MD2 failure is common on these trucks and unfortunately is the most difficult to fix. Heatertreater does make a kit but a large part of the dash still has to be removed to access MD2. Per Heatertreater....."Most people choose to wear two pairs of socks than to replace MD2."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.