DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Block of Foam fell into Blower Motor

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ShoreRider 
#1 ·
Greetings, last I was here ya'll helped me get the recirc door swapped out without tearing the dash out. And I'm (still) grateful.

I have another question that I can't find the answer for. Today, with the blower motor running the truck shuddered and the motor sounded like it was impeded from spinning. A second later (before I could really react) it quit, and all was normal. This happened again within a few minutes, with the same result.

After getting back to the house I pulled the motor out and found foam stuck in between the ribs of the cage. Sticking an arm up the hole into the area behind the glove box I did find a lose piece of foam. Well, several pieces. But it appears it was once a single block. The grooves in the foam make me want to think it was insulating something.

Can anyone tell me where its from, and if it needs to be replaced? I'm afraid I am having mode door issues anyway, and will have to have this looked at in the near future. Pulling the dash out is way out of my league.

Any comments welcome! Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi, I don't have an answer so, it's time to .........:icon_bump:........... this back to the top!

And while you're waiting on an answer how about using the link in my SIG to jump over to the Newbie Checkin and introducing yourself and be sure to post a few photos to keep the wolves happy?

#3 ·
Foam block

Had a similar situation with mine. Turned out to be the vent louver that allows fresh air into the cabin had broken. I ended up removing the whole vent piece and then blocked the fresh air opening so I didn't get cold fresh air coming into the cabin through the opening. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.