DODGE RAM FORUM banner

A/C Nozzles

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  scotchwhisky 
#1 ·
Hey Y'all,
I have an 06 RAM 2500 Laramie with the Cummins Engine.
I have no A/C so I tried to add freon (fake stuff).
I put the hose on the evaporator tank and the gauge was pegged high.
I wonder if I was on a wrong fitting. Where are the fittings and which is which? I found the one in front but it was too big for the hose fitting.
That's when I found the one in the back (passenger side) by the firewall. On a black tank. The hose fit this fitting and that's when I got the reading

When I bought the truck two months ago, the air worked. But once it turned warm it slowly quit. I suspect the dealer did a quick charge and left me to deal with the problem.

I'm just afraid the system is over charged or something.

Any ideas and please confirm the nozle locations. Also, is the compressor on the low side of the front passenger-side of the motor?

Thanks in advance
Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, I don't have an answer so, it's time to .........:icon_bump:........... this back to the top!

Don't forget to join our Red RAM Group - use the link in my SIG!

#4 ·
What do you mean by "fake stuff"...if your talking about the freon from auto parts store with the ready made hose and gauge its the real deal. The hose will only fit on one fitting..for the simple reason so you dont charge the wrong side. Does it get cooler once your charging?

#5 ·
Fake Stuff

Thanks for the reply, :smileup:

By "Fake Stuff" I simply meant the newer freon R134A I believe it is referred to.

Yes, I found out that the hose only fits the correct nozzle. Sorry I did not update this with my new found knowlege.

The guage was pegged when on the correct fitting. However, I have since found that the compressor is not running when I turn on the A/C.

There is a lot to learn and oh so little time to read. I have found the threads on the clutch and TIPM issues. I just need to get to it.

Between work and family, I just can't seem to find the time to work on it or even spend much time here on the forum.

The plan is to t'shoot the compressor tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.