DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Another person with a/c problem

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  EWC88 
#1 ·
Well my a/c just started acting funky yesterday. I had the a/c on the second level of speed, out of no where the a/c fully shut off. It won't work at any speed besides max, if you lower it it'll turn off fully. Also at that high speed it makes a noise. What can be the issues with this stuff?

#2 ·
I actually had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago. Pardon the not tech. terms.... Under the glove box you will see a connector attached to the blower assembly, (a/c and heater module). Check to see if the wire harness is properly connected, (mine was out on one side). If that doesn't work for you the resister module is 50 or 60 dollars up here and its easy to replace. Again I'm sorry if the actual names aren't correct but my head is on vacation,(we leave at 5 am tomorrow morning and I'm having a packing break).

Cheers!

#3 ·
I looked under glove box saw a connector with a green wire out, don't know if I connected it right, I'll take a pic and show.

The air problem is even doing it without ac on, it does it with heat and normal air. Could it be same problem?

#5 ·
Well I finally got to fix this problem BUT ran into a issue I think. When I took old resistor out alot of crap (leaves and all) fell out from the hole. I look up inside it and saw there was alot of the crap on the grate (don't know what to exactly call it) Is this bad? I put the new on still in and it still makes a loud noise when it runs, and I guess it works, low is pretty darn low were I can't feel it, is that normal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.