DODGE RAM FORUM banner

PLEASE HELP STUCK A/C problems 2004 1500 hemi any1????

7K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ramvan2500 
#1 ·
I have 2004 Ram 1500 hemi that I just purchased.. The A/C does not work The orange light comes on when you press the a/c button...so when under the hood..compressor is not spinning...The 134 level is ok ...I pulled A/c clutch relay and its ok...so while the relay was out I took a wire and jumped the power where the relay go and compressor comes on gets cold and ac works fine.....but when I put the relay back in the compressor shut right off and doesn't come on?? Seems like the compressor is not getting power?? But there is power @ the relay...Relay is not bad cause i swapped them with the other ones and it works fine...ANY IDEAS ON WHAT WRONG??? HELP!! don't know what next to do....:4-dontknow::SHOCKED:

#2 ·
Check the relays coil side voltage across the coil with a voltmeter with the A/C button turned on, if there is no voltage than it's an issue with the wiring maybe a short or a issues with the A/C control in the dash. It is possible also but doubt it that the low side or high side pressure sensor is dead.

#4 ·
No the relay for the A/C clutch check the voltage at and across the coil of the relay. Relay has four contacts usually in this case it should be 4 because it is a normally open relay so you want to check to see if their is enough voltage being sent to the relays coil to operate the relay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.