DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lots of coolant leaks!!!!!!!

11K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BadHazard 
#1 ·
My 2007 Hemi has had an intermittent coolant leak for several months. It started as a small puddle near the left rear of the engine, but after a few weeks it became more intense and expanded to include the front of the engine too. The most obvious leak was coming from the thermostat gasket (I've replaced it twice in the last 4 months). After that repair, I saw coolant on my lower-rear exhaust manifold bolts (both sides). I removed them, cleaned the threads and put hi-temp thread sealer on them. That fixed most of my problems. Now it looks like the water pump gasket is leaking. Un-freakin-believable. The truck has 48k miles on it and uses more coolant than fuel. I'll never buy another one!

#3 ·
you know every make and model has problems. My old ford 150 had its fair share of 4x4 problems. Sounds like your fixes shouldnt have cost that much. And it probably all happended at once.

#4 ·
I have worked on many makes of vehicles
The Blue Oval is the worst for water leaks, i usually just replaced factory freeze plugs with BRASS freeze plugs,
With a couple Fords i had to get a machine shop to thread the freeze plug holes & then put in a threaded plug
Every brand has issues, some are a real pain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.