View Full Version : whats better seafoam or lucas fuel cleaner ?

nitro1965
09-30-2011, 10:09 AM
hi there,
i have gone to several different auto parts stores to get parts for my 2006 dodge ram 5.7 hemi. while at each store i had questioned the guy behind the counter on which fuel injector system cleaner is better seafoam or lucas.i would always get a different answer from each person working behind the counter and it confused me because i want to put the better product into my trucks fuel system to clean it out.can you guys give me some feed back on what you feel is a better fuel injection system cleaner and also that would help in cleaning throttle body ? thank-you

snrusnak
09-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Lucas makes good products from what I understand, but IMO seafoam will do a better job as a cleaner of oily gunk/carbon, etc...

britter
09-30-2011, 11:21 AM
In my opinion, for a really dirty system that is causing poor performance, Chevron Techron products do the best job in one tank of gas. I use Lucas products to maintain a clean system and provide extra lubrication to injectors and other engine parts. I use Lucas in my 18 year old John Deer lawn tractor (which runs great) I buy the large jug which lasts a long time. I've used Sea foam in my Goldwing, lawn tractor, weedeater and any other motor I can poor the fluid directly into the carberator. Seafoam works great cleaning a really dirty carb especially if stored over the Winter. I have never seen any advantage to seafoam in a fuel injection system.

I like the Seafoam bc you can put it in your tank and run it through the intake. Just has more opportunity to clean with it entering the engine via two different methods. Then you can also put it in the oil right before your next change too. More versatile of a product.

Nailhead
09-30-2011, 01:53 PM
BG 44K is better than all of the above, in my experience. A little pricey at $22+-/bottle and not as easy to find, but it's worth the extra money & effort.

nitro1965
09-30-2011, 03:02 PM
will either seafoam or lucas clean the fuel system the first time you use it or would i have to use it multiple times to get the carbon out?

snrusnak
09-30-2011, 03:09 PM
I believe they are different types of products, whereas the seafoam is more of an "instant" cleaner....but I don't really know enough about what is in them to tell you.

Nailhead
09-30-2011, 07:43 PM
will either seafoam or lucas clean the fuel system the first time you use it or would i have to use it multiple times to get the carbon out?

One jug of 44K will do that.

DISCLAIMER: I do not sell these products, I'm not a stockholder, nor hold any other vested interest in their sales-- the stuff just works, and works great.

07yt1500thunderroad
10-01-2011, 12:56 PM
they are both good products but seafoam has more uses you can put it in your oil before you change it and clean out some of the gunk in the motor, you can put it in the line off the brake booster and clean out the pcv system and upper intake vaccum system, or you can put it in the gas tank to clean the tank,lines,injectors, and valves. the lucas deep clean gave my buddy better gas mileage but he had 100,000+ miles on it.

Advertisement