DODGE RAM FORUM banner

No heat, soo cold, please help!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RedneckMechanic 
#1 ·
Tryed search but im in the booneys an on dial up this site loads sloww! I have a 05 ram hemi, My heater isnt working, doesnt blow hot or cold or at all, where should i start?

#3 ·
Start with the fuse as MADDOG suggested. Then the motor. More often than not, if the fuse is good and your not getting any air, it's the motor. Should be under the dash right above the passenger's feet. A fairly easy swap out if I remember correctly... To test, unplug it (it'll be a two wire, twisted harness, black and green wires) and test continuity between the two terminals ON the motor. If your multimeter reads OL, it's shot. Means there's no contact between the brushes and the stator. This is the most common test result. Just to be sure your motor is getting power, with the truck on, not running, and the fan motor switch on full, you should get voltage on the green wire... Hope this helps. Sucks to find this out this time of year...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.