DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Wife is warm, I'm cold!!

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Sharecropper 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!
I've searched and found similar complaints.
So what gives on my 2002? Why is there hot air on the
passenger side and cold on mine? (dash vents)
TYIA
Monty

#3 ·
NOOOOOOOO. ohhh its like telling someone they have cancer. i have researched a/c heater problems when my recirc door went out. what you have is a blend door issue.
the blend door is controlled by the little blue/red knob or slider if you have dual zone, which if you do that means you have two blend doors which is worse...... anyway getting to the point the fix involves taking the entire dash out(almost impossible RAM you dodge!!) then you have to take out the a/c heater after draining it and disassemble the plenum then put in new blend door(s).

I hope i am wrong and i hope you don't have to experience what i have read about..... good luck on this man, really.

#5 ·
#14 ·
:smileup: Okay; I flushed the the entire system. I disconnected both heater hoses and flushed both directions. I then poured simple green into the heater core and let set overnight. Then flushed again both directions. I then added coolant system conditioner and antifreeze. :wow: Guess what; it's working.
Warm air on both sides of the cab. This is a great forum, alot of good information posted. Thanks again guys. :smiley_thumbs_up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.