DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Blocked blower intake?

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  esemans55 
#1 ·
So when I turn my heat or cooling up to the highest fan level it gives a terrible rumbling noise. It almost sounds like the intake side of the blower is blocked and creating the noise. My first impression was leaves. Only problem is I don't now how to check that? Is there a way for me to look and see if leaves or something is blocking it?

#2 ·
Look under you glove box, way in the corner of the passenger footwell and firewall. Thats where the blower motor is, it is held up by 3 screws and a wire, one of the screws is a pain to get to the first time you do it. A few days after putting my dash back together after replacing the heater core 1 single leaf created the exact problem you describe.

#5 ·
Damn squirrels, lmao!!! Glad you figured it out and it wasn't anything serious. I figured you might find your HVAC recirc door in there. It's located directly above the blower motor and when it breaks a lot of the time that's where it ends up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.