DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Texan's Lets meet at the Beach

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  nopaydave 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to put together an end of the Summer Beach meet for Ram Owners on the Beach at Port Aransas. There is plenty of Camping, RV Resorts and Motels. If the turn out is big enough I will invite some Texas Musicians out to play around the Campfire for us (if only a few then we can still have a good time). There is over 6 miles of drivable beach.

If your interested in going and possibly help in the planning PM me or post here. I'm headed out there tomorrow, I'll take a few pictures but IM sure the 4th of July Weekend will be crowded...

Info on Port Aransas.
One reason people come to Port Aransas is to enjoy the 6.3 miles of beach along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

Parking a car on the beach requires a $12 annual sticker that can be purchased from local convenience stores or from vendors located on the beach. The sticker is valid until December 31 and allows the vehicle to park along the beach from the City Limit at Lantana Dr near Horace Cladwell Pier through Port Aransas Beach to the Kleberg County line (south of Bob Hall Pier). Free Parking areas in the City limits include between the Jetties and Horace Caldwell Pier and between Markers 52-58.

Camping in a tent or pop-up is permitted for up to three consecutive days within a three-week period at no charge and small 3 ft x 3 ft campfires are allowed.

RV camping is permitted on the beach for up to three consecutive days within a three-week period at no charge but the RV must display a Beach Parking sticker and any towed vehicle that is detached from the RV must also display a Beach Parking sticker.

The City of Port Aransas provides trashcans along the beach to keep litter from spoiling the beach scene.

Between the sand dunes and the wooden post markers, the beach is a two-lane Texas roadway, subject to all applicable traffic laws.

From the posts to the waterline, people can kick back and relax, read, enjoy the sun, play beach games (Frisbee, volleyball, football).

The water is great for swimming, bodysurfing, boogie boarding, and surfing.

Port Aransas Beach Guards oversee the beach area from Avenue G south to Sandcastle Drive from Memorial Day through Labor Day.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a great idea nopaydave! I'm in bud! In fact I am planning on driving the family for a little beach fun myself. Hey, take some good picks and share 'em with all here to get bit on this idea!:smileup:

#3 ·
Put me down as a maybe. To be really honest about it, i'm kinda tired of planning these things or planning to go to them and then at the last minute almost everyone backs out for some reason or another. History has shown that if you have 50 people say they are going to be there for sure---no question about it---you will probably end up with 5-10. I'm not trying to be a dick about this but i've just seen it happen time after time. I'd like to go, and if I can help you I will, but I'm just passing along my experiences trying to organize one of these. Good luck and let me know if I can help you in any way. I've got something going the end of August and the first part of Sept so a date would be helpful.
Jay

#5 ·
3's enough---more beer for us-----LOL
(like your dog's pic---Border Collie?)
Jay

G
#6 ·
Border & Aussie Mix. Good dog.

I have put on a few events in my days. Mostly Charities. Sometimes you need to start small and then grow them into a unmanageable monster and then, after your done being proud of what you achieved....you wish for the old days when they were small.:doh:

#9 · (Edited)
Is there going to be a RAMFEST 2nd Annual M&G this year ?

Last year it was in Keller Tx. at http://www.sunraytint.com/

i will be passing Ft. Worth, ( returning home from a cross country trip ) on August 17th
i plan on being home on August 20th, as of now

http://www.ramforumz.com/archive/index.php/t-112328.html

something like 20+ Rams showed up, but some just stopped, said Hello & left

several other Rams were inside getting tints & graphix, or lined up for it

#11 ·
End of summer being August time frame? Any specific dates?

In one week, Saturday morning at 3AM I'm driving the family to Atlanta, GA for a few days, then over to Columbia, SC for a few more, then direct drive back home. Bout 2000 miles total.

If this is for the end of August I might be able to convince the wife to take a few more days off - unless it's just a weekend thing then that's way easier.

Basically, I'm married with a pregnant wife and actually need specific dates because when it comes to life and decisions I'm officially a brain dead mule that just does what he's told.

G
#13 ·
I was looking for interest before setting date. Looks like we have interest now for a date. Definitely make it a weekend trip.

How does Saturday August 10th sound to you. It can be a weekend thing but the official day will be Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.