DODGE RAM FORUM banner

DONE: 2009 1500 crew cab RCX w/rim and tires

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  nator76 
#1 ·
Hey guys, finally got my truck back from the shop. Took long enough for this whole process, but it wasnt a real priority for me, finally had the time to do it. Heres the setup

DONE
-6 inch RCX with kicker bars
-20x9 XD 797, -12 offset
-35x12.5x20 Pro Comp xtreme AT
-Go Rhino Dominator III modular steps, polished steel (love these!)

Still to go
-fender flares
- MAYBE a window tint...maybe
- tuner if necessary

#'s
-Tires stick out 2" in front, about 1 1/4" in the rear
-43 from ground to center bottom of fender in front, 44.5 in rear (driveway is sloped, so realistic rake is prob 1", im fine with that)

Couple of things

I think it rides great so far, have about 25 miles in. Bumps feel like it did with the stock setup. Rides straight as an arrow, hardly any "walk" to it. The tires are definitely louder than stock, which i expected. There is definitely a good bit of vibration at certain speeds, but it seems to go away if you stay at that speed for 10-15 seconds. Note that i bought these tires lightly used (killer deal) so that may have something to do with it, im not worried about. Can feel a power loss for sure, and i even have the 3.92 gears, but we'll see how the PCM adjust.

Overall, i'm pumped...lol. This should easily turn heads. There was some method behind the madness as far as selection. 2 prominent things other the actual color is the black plastic and the chrome, so i tried to incorporate those 2 in the selections, and i think it came out great.

The day i got it
[/URL][/IMG]

And all the goodies
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

I dont post here much, but i do lurk a good bit, but hopefully this can help someone with their selections. Any questions dont hesitate to message me or ask here. Thanks to everyone who does post that helped me with everything!!

See less See more
#7 ·
Truck looks great man! Colors go together very well. Reps

#11 ·
Looks real real nice! A head-turner for sure!

#12 ·
Been forever and a day since i posted, but im always lurking around seeing everyone's rigs. Just wanted to post an update with my fender flares on. Kinda crazy how many compliments i get on this truck when i have it out. Just crossed 100k, and for an '09 it runs awesome. Only mod left to do is get some wheel spacers for a slightly more aggressive stance. Runs great, looks great, very happy with it (trying to talk myself out of a 2500, lol)

PS - thanks everyone for the comments!

Attachments

#15 ·
sometimes pics dont do it justice. 35's sometimes look small in pics but in person they look just right. i struggled with that decision as well. I have the 3.55 gears in mine, so 37's may have been a struggle. I mentioned wheel spacers, hopefully that will give it the illusion of having bigger tires when they bring em out a little more. good luck with your decision!

#16 ·
thanks! i have the 3.92s so i dont know if that will be an issue. im more concerned about the fit, and if they will fit well with stock wheels for a month or so till i get new wheels. and some pictures look good with 35s like yours and some just look hokey, its a rough choice lol

#19 ·
sorry for the delay on answering this. been away for work.

ive seen anywhere from 8.5 to 12.5 mpg. prepare to take a huge hit. no way around it. Unless you live on some very flat region. I live in central PA, mountains and hills galore.

The tires hurt MPG, but the lift is a big deal too. Lots of air catching underneath.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.