DODGE RAM FORUM banner

R/T owners, How do you feel about the factory 22's that came on your truck?

8K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Strataview 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Ram R/T and the factory 22's look horrible.

Tons of swirling scratch marks, what looks like curb rash around the edges and they vibrate at highway speeds.

This is one of the biggest changes to a Ram 1500 that makes it an R/T.

I think these pieces of junk go for like $1400 each from Mopar, what a joke.

I for one am not happy.........anybody else feel this way.

#3 ·
:worthless:I agree. R/Ts aren't too popular here so I haven't seen these wheels in person.

#4 ·
Could the wheels be out of balance? I realize that won't do much for the looks, but it might account for the vibration issue

Exco

#5 ·
Hopefully its just a wheel balance issue. Your 22's are said to be forged aluminum instead of cast which is the reason for a 1400 dollar price tag. I hope you get some insight fom more R/T owners here.:smileup:

#7 ·
huh. a forged wheel is supposed to be stronger and lighter than cast? I know the Tundra Rock Warrior I was looking at had forged wheels and they were super sweet looking, and many people reported them holding up to some real world abuse.

#11 ·
I get more compliments about the wheels over anything else. Most are shocked that they are a stock wheel. I think the problem is the stock shocks are not valved properly for the stiffer and smaller sidewall. When I lower mine I plan on doing a shock change at the same time. Just not sure what shocks to use.

#12 ·
Our 22's look and ride OK for what they are, but we don't prefer the style. A bit too "pimp" for us. Call us old school, but a truck should have truck tires on it. Even an R/T. Have considered going to more of a truck wheel w/ some oversized tires, and may yet.

Our $.02.

We trudge on.

#14 ·
I like mine and after seeing everyone selling theres im keeping them just to keep that real R/T look of the truck

#16 ·
I'm been cautious on what to put on these wheels as well. Have only cleaned them with a mircofiber cloth and water. Course my R/T is a garage queen. It's only gotten rained on once and that was a light sprinkle. It's 1½ years old now and I've only washed it once. I gets dusted and Showtimed almost everyday though.

#18 · (Edited)
That's sucks, but for everyone else; mine do not vibrate at highways speeds. I feel the biggest change from a sport to a R/T Sport are the 4.10 gears and the 2600 stall. Scratches are just in the clear coat, but I have swirl too. A lot of people sell them to cash in and get black rims. They are valued high and it's in vogue to have black rims, unless you are in Texas.......... everyone has to get SRT rims down there :) I love mine and don't drag, so I like the larger size. These are sport trucks, road and track.... it has the proper tire on them for just that. Remember, no 4x4 badge on the tailgate.

#22 ·
I'm just waiting for it to cool down here so I can jewel the finish. Maybe this will happen in October, it's been brutally hot this year. It takes me about 3 hours to wash it, 3 hours to clay bar it, and then another 1½ days to do the jewel finish work. But it's worth it when you can see well enough to shave in the finish.

BTW, I like the stock wheels it let's people know it's a real R/T.

#23 ·
I bought a one year old 2017 R/T stock off of a lease with 18k miles. The 22"s in a Florida summer thunderstorm suck. Just wet pavement sucked. I waited till I needed new tires and did a TireRack swap for 17" Method Racing Wheels on Michelin's. What a world of difference. Got nice look, good grip and 60k mile warranty or whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.