DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Offroading must have mods suggestions

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  candy08 
#1 ·
I am curious to find out what are the essentials you would suggest. I currently have tow hooks, skid plates, great tires, running boards and a 2" leveling kit. I have another question as well, am I going to run into issues with the leveling it's the daystar kit installed by dealer. I won't be mudding just logging roads and deactivated forest service roads nothing to outrageous but 4lo will be required to get to some of the lakes I fish.

Thanks Mike

#2 · (Edited)
I keep a plethora of tow straps in my truck along with the clamps..(not clamps, idk what to call them honestly..the things to hook the tow straps up) to go along with, im assuming you have those. I don't really for-see what else you might need, besides a buddy in case you get really stuck and a winch haha. you shouldn't need much more height if you aren't doin anything crazy.

#5 ·
You sound good to go to me. Shovel and straps.

#10 ·
It really depends on how much pressure you need to get pulled out. I carry one that's about 3/4" dia. Its way bigger than I'll ever need but at least I know it'll work LOL. I bought it from Tractor Supply Co. along with a 35,000 lbs breaking strength snatch strap. And if there are trees where your going, you might want to invest in a come-a-long winch....those thing have gotten me out more than once, Haha.

#11 ·
Good info I pretty much have the same set up and dont plan on doing too much rock climbing just general farm work in fields and mud. I never thought of the wood or shovel either, Thanks!

#20 ·
I have the stock quads. I just painted 'em and threw in some mini H1 projectors with some fancy lighting :smileup:

I live in Chesapeake. I do nearly ALL my own work and mods. Eastern Offroad takes care of my alignments and such I can't do. The best shop around with lifetime warranty on all work done, but you pay for it :doh:

Candy that is a great looking truck. :smileup:
Thanks! Still a work in progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.