DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Advise needed

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  bullett 
#1 ·
Im trying to remove the headlight assmebly 2012 ram 1500 I have found the 10mm bolt near the grill but still cant figure what else is holding the assembley in. Is there a bolt or or other fastener under the "access" flap in the wheel well or does it just pullout like the chevys ? Im kinda lost here. Im sure when somebody points it out I say it figures right in front me.

Any advice would be great thanks in advance.

#5 ·
There are two 10 mm bolts, then behind the access panel in the wheel well is a slide that has to be pushed up to release the back of the headlight. There is also a ball and socket that the housing pops into. So get the 10mm screw at the top, then the 10mm screw deep at the bottom by the grill, push up on the slide behind the panel, then pop the housing out of it's socket and you are good to go.

In this pic you can see the white slide and the socket in the back of the housing opening.

#9 ·
Stump3r thank you got it out had hard time finding the white slide couldnt get my fat head in between the wheel to look in the hatch also found there was another bolt behind the hatch

any way thanks for the insight hope I can return it sometime

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.