DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Questions on Paintin decals

537 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Macfhionghuin 
#1 ·
I have a 05 Quad cab hemi and im thinking that painting all the decals all the way around my truck would be BA. So ive heard that u use a pencil to mark where they go :4-dontknow: so when ur putting them back on u know exactly how and where they go and to remove them ive heard u use either a hair dryer or a heat gun to melt the silicon then use fishing line behind it to remove the decals....... any input would be helpful. Also im wanting to go a semi gloss black any paint suggestions...... im thinking a lite sanding to take off most of the chrome and help the paint catch....and some walmart semi gloss black spray? Anyone done this im sure there are plenty out there.... thanks for the help guys in advance

#2 ·
This is how I debadged my Ramhttp://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92968&highlight=how+debadge

worked great.If your going to paint them then a sanding is required,any
good quality spray will do.I'd take some pics with a digital camera for
reference,so when you go to put them back onyou can see exactly how they were.Good luck with the mod..........:smileup::smileup:..Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.