DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Extang Trifecta

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  newfiebullet 
#1 ·
pick mine up about 2 months ago and i love it. it was 449 but i get cost price with action truck caps that i had it for 369 which was even sweeter. it dosent leeak. was super easy to install ( less than 5 mins ) and really easy to use and open when install. went through an automatic car wash and 98% of water stayed out had our first snowstorm yesterday and nothing got it so i can say i am very pleased. as well te ribs in it barely stick out which i like. so if your looking for a tri fold cover this one is great and the lifetime warranty is also sweet.:smiley_thumbs_up:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
the above is excluding rambox. i just installed one on rambox. and what a PITA. i have always had this cover on most of my trucks and love it but ill never had this much troble installing the thing like i did on this app.

#3 ·
I concur, have the same tonneau cover, build quality is awesome, totally happy with it also.

#6 ·
Glad it worked out. Don't want to be spoil the mood though. Careful leaving it on outside overnight as I had my Extang Solid Fold stolen two weeks ago.
Installed properly. Tailgate was locked. No damage to the truck (good thing I suppose).

Love to catch the B******s:box2:!

As they are so easy to install the replacement will be kept locked away until needed.

cheers,

PS if you come across anyone selling one in the GTA, let me know please.

#7 · (Edited)
while it is likely not yours, this story could be related...

i saw one advertised on kijij in mississauga about a month ago..and was a little suspicious when i spoke to the seller..definately tweaked me that it was stolen...obviously not yours, but check the ads...im sure it is very common as they do come off easy...this guy was too slick...basically told me the cover he had will fit any year ram...i mean im sure they are all close, but come on...he wanted to kow what year mine was and told me he guaranteed it would fit and he would deliver the cover to me...45 minutes away from where he lived. he claimed it was brand new, taken off his parents truck because it was the wrong size(brand new/wrong size/no exchange...BS)?...anyhow to say the leasti never contacted the seller back due to my suspicions, and he never hounded me to come and get it...never heard a peep back...very strange for kijiji sellers.

instead, i purchased and i just installed a truxedo low pro qt...im not entirely sure if it is a serial number or not, but i do have some sort of number stamped on the underside of the canvas...might be something to look into if you find the ad for your stolen cover...and maybe your receipt shows a serial number...im sure there is some sort of number to ensure compliance with the various different length warranties on these covers.

as an aside, as hard as it is to believe, i will tell you an amazing theft recovery story...

when i was 21, i had my 1989 honda CR250 stolen...all my gear and everything stolen right out of the garage, and the friggin dog didnt even hear it...i thought it was gone forever. one very little unique difference in my bike though. the oil filler screw was stripped, and i tried to retap it, frigged the shit out of the crankcase and had to use orange rtv to hold the filler screw in...i hated it when it happend, but as you will see...everything happens for a reason.

fast forward 6 months from thedirt bike theft...one night, i stayed over at my girlfreinds house and awoke in the morning to see that my 5.0 mustang was stolen....the insurance companay gave me a rental car to use until my car was recovered or i found a replacment ... shortly thereafter, my lovely grandma called me a few days after my car was stolen and asked me to go to mcdonalds for her(something i used to do all the time for her...she was the best!!!)...get this...for a pizza...remember mcdonalds pizza??? so i shit you not, there i am pissed off because im sitting waiting in the drivethru at mcdonalds because i have to wait for a friggin crappy pizza to cook for granny, and what do i see?!?! some @$$hole walking to 7-11 pushing a honda CR250 across the street from the very mcdonals i am at pushing my dirtbike..the orange rtv is as clear as day..like looking a the moon through a telescope!!

i bolted from the drivethru (without the pizza) and got my bike back...

SO...moral of the story...start looking at some used covers...i bet you'll find yours...and of course, if any of you guys are wondering, i did go back and get granny her pizza.:beerchug:

#8 · (Edited)
have the same one on my truck, my dad put it on maybe 4 or 5 years ago long before I bought the truck from him. it has held up extremely well, will take it off this truck when I sell it one day and put it on my next truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.