DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone level their 2012 4WD yet??

7K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Grubrunner 
#1 ·
For 2012 they have changed the front differential and the way it mounts up soooo maybe that will solve the ol leveling the 4WD 1 n 5 vibration issue, love to hear some feedback cuz this is my first truck ive ever had im going fairly modest with the upgrades on, kinda aiming for sweet n simple

#2 ·
I was going to get mine put in last week but they told me that they still have that issue well they said it was a 50/50 chance that It would get the 4x4 vibration so I held off on getting it installed.... :( I think im just going to go ahead and do it this week or at least try and see what happens.. if worse comes to worse I will just have them uninstall it. Just wondering what kit were you looking at? I have this one...

#3 ·
I usually get all my truck parts from Top Gun Customz and that what i did with this one i just got the 2 inch in house billet strut spacer im going to put mine in as soon as i get it so i can let you know or if you do yours first let me know , the tech a Top Guns said that its been about 1 n 4 with the new car dealer trucks they have been doing reguardless of cab trim gearing he aligns them all the same and some have a vibration at 55+ and some dont

#13 ·
I wanted to know if you installed the spacer yourself?

I tried to put the front spacer (2.5 inch) my 2011 this weekend and was unsuccessful. After the spacer was mounted to the struts top hat I for the life of me could not get the strut to fit back over the control arm. I even had a buddy put some weight on the control arm to move it lower and still nothing. Wanted to know if you had any issues?

#5 ·
Had the dealer level mine before I even signed the papers and put on nitto trail grapplers in 35x12.5x20 on the stock rims. No problems with any vibration other then the tread feel at very slow speed. There is a very slight rub at full lock turning but I almost never turn at full lock so it isn't a problem.

#12 ·
I also wounder about the fuel mileage, it seams that everyone is concerned about the fuel consummation and then raise the front end, I think the factory had a reason for keeping the front lower, mileage comes into mind, I know over the years the big trucks lower the front and taper the hoods for this reason. I know they look better but at what cost for the life time owner ship. I do not know if it is worth it. I think the ram looks pretty good the way it is.

#15 ·
Do it !

I installed rough country 2.5/ 1.75 myself. Install was quick and easy. Alignment was a must. Lost some height after I got it aligned. No vibrations so far. Was deep in the woods yesterday with no where to turn around. While flexed out or on 3 wheels multiple times, I am very happy I lifted it as soon as I did. Recommend for 2 or 4wd models bc its just not a truck unless you can go anywhere you want in it. Ground clearance and payload is why we have trucks. why not make it as capable as possible.

Attachments

#17 ·
I ended up redoing the front today. I took the two inner lower control arm bolts out (messed up the alignment of the truck) but its on and looks pretty good. The rear is a little higher then the front but that's what I wanted. The rear had a 3/4 inch rear spacer.

My rims are waiting in the garage, the tires will be in either Monday or Tuesday. I will post pics up as soon as rims and tires are on.

#22 ·
I had a 2006 model 4x4 with a TGC 2.5 spacer and loved the truck's stance, and it rode a little rough, but I figured that was just the way it should be with a 4x4. I now have 2012 and had the Bilstein 5100's installed at 1.4 inches(because the shop I had do it didn't take it all the way to 2.8 as I asked, and then didn't have time to have it fixed before leaving town). Anyways, the truck rides smooth as stock with these, and even when I do eventually have it taken up to 2.8 inches, I don't see it affecting the ride much. These are the way to go...better ride and able to go higher than a 2.5 spacer. Just my 2 cents.

#28 ·
You are getting a good deal. I talked to my dealership and was told about $550 for leveling kit and install. Didn't really seem like a good price to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.