DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Painting mirrors and door handles????

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ONOutdoorsman 
#1 ·
Just got my 2013 dodge ram express and want to paint my mirrors, door handles and the lower air dam were the tow hooks usually go.
Does anyone know how to go about getting the Exact color and if I can paint on top of the plastic????

Want it done right not a shitty back yard job

#4 ·
Getting the color is easy and you can paint it. The mirrors and air dam aren't hard to do and I can tell you how to easy enough. To do door handles the right way is another story. I do this everyday and I can tell you having a pro do it will result in a better job like anything else. I plan on painting the mirrors on my 13 since the handles are chrome I am leaving them for now. You can go to any Dupont or PPG store and they can mix the color for your truck and put it in a aerosol can. You will need adhesion promoter, wax and grease remover, gray scotch bright pads, SEM soap, primer, good masking tape, good painters masking paper, the paint and also clear coat.

The problem with the handles is to do it properly you should take them off the truck. I haven't taken them off a 4G ram so I can't say if it's hard or easy.

If you want it to look good without a hassle take it to a shop they have all the supplies and exp to do it right and they will warranty the work. I do mirrors for $150 to $200/set. Handles would probably Charge $200 a pair. Air dam $150. But if your having it done at once then they will give you a deal. If some one brought me on to do I would probably charge between $400 and $500 for everything. It can be done in a day. Hope this helps you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.