DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How to remove trim around radio?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Scjon03 
#1 ·
2013 1500 with the 8.4 an radio 8 speed dial. Trying to find creaking /rattle sound in trim around radio. Does any one know what's involve to remove plastic trim .I have found 2 screws under the ram plastic piece on top and 1 screw above the 120 volt inverter outlet. Are there other screws and does the trim just pull off.? Rattle is really annoying. I don't want to bring it to the dealer because the usually damage something else .Thanks for any help.

#4 ·
if you have the full floor console w/ bucket seats
check under all of the rubber mats in the console, there are at least 2 screws under the one closest to the dash board
If you have a plastic trim tool, use it to pry up the chrome looking ring on the console
that may allow you to lift the top of the floor console & slide it back a bit.
Next do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjsG0OnKFQ

#5 ·
Thanks for your help but that video doesn't show the dash with the 8 speed rotary shifter .Do you need to remove the center console to get to hidden screws? I only found 3 screws so far and I don't want to just start yanking on it if there are other screws.thanks

#6 · (Edited)
If you have a center floor console there are two more screws under the mat in front of the cup holders. You have to remove the silver border ring thing around the cup holder/center storage holder and then that entire piece that's around the cup holders and just clipped down. Just slow but carefully remove it.

There are 5 total. Two on top, one in the volt, and two on the very buttom.

I have a 2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. So it should be the same. Other than the one screw in the middle is in a small clubby storage on the right of the info screen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.