DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Modded exhaust....get intake now or stick with drop-in?

905 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Juice420 
#1 ·
From what I have read and heard, an intake on the newer gen rams doesn't do much but make a whole bunch of noise unless you have additional stuff done to your truck.
I had the y-pipe replaced as well as put on the 14 inch magnaflow muffler. I also have superchips on there.

I currently am using a drop in K&N filter. Would it be worth taking out the filter at this point and getting an intake such as an AFE and using that? I am up in the air if it is worth the $250 for an intake on these trucks.

thanks

#3 ·
From what I have read and heard, an intake on the newer gen rams doesn't do much but make a whole bunch of noise unless you have additional stuff done to your truck.
I had the y-pipe replaced as well as put on the 14 inch magnaflow muffler. I also have superchips on there.

I currently am using a drop in K&N filter. Would it be worth taking out the filter at this point and getting an intake such as an AFE and using that? I am up in the air if it is worth the $250 for an intake on these trucks.

thanks
Save your money on the intake...it's time for a set of ceramic headers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.