DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Moding my engine cover....

3K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  skeezy1 
#1 ·
Wanted something different than everyone elses'...

See less See more
Reactions: UltraFlame
#2 ·
I have been 'smoothing it" for a while. The texture is gone.

#12 ·
There will be some sunburst orange on it..... :D

#11 ·
Thanks all! I am enjoying making my truck different.

I used 60 grit to remove the texture and went progressively higher grit from there.

very nice...im hoping for soem free time so i can take a good look at mine and play around...you think of putting a light under the cover to glow through the "hemi"
Yep and some lexan. :smileup:

#13 ·
Very nice work so far, looking forward to seeing the finished product! :smileup:

- Cajun

#15 ·
Yeh I'm pretty curious to see if you put some lights under it to shine through the 'Hemi' part. Depending on how it looks I might follow suit.

#17 ·
Sorry guys, no progress yet...

I had it base coated, smoothed, and awaiting paint when one of my son's friends (7yrs old) hit it (on purpose no less, little sh**) and knocked it down and scratched it all up. I need to get re-motivated to get it going again. I am in the middle of a 22x28 detached additional garage for the house and have been side tracked. I will work on it again this weekend for sure.

#18 ·
That sucks, sorry to hear it got messed up, especially intentionally, but we're still looking forward to seeing how it comes out when you get it done. :)

- Cajun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.